Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Four Days....

Today is Tuesday which means I only have four more days in Sansepolcro. Yes I am traveling for two weeks but the thought of not coming home to Sansepolcro in the happiest way I can word it is heart wrenching! How can I say goodbye to a place that feels like my home, people who have welcomed me into their lives, and is absolutely beautiful. Last night was my last dinner with my host family. After being fed entirely too much food (four types of pizza, and tiramisu) Molly and I sat and just talked to my family in the best Italian I could muster, which wasn’t too bad! Just sitting around the kitchen table with three year old Francesco running and climbing all around, Riccardo attempting to put together the toy we had bought for him, and Margarita (my adorable fifth grader) happily talking was really special. Between three papers, and two Italian tests I haven’t had a lot of time to think about leaving but when I take a breath the first thing I think of is how I cannot image what it is going to be like not living in Sansepolcro. How do you say goodbye to people who you might never see again, but have yet impacted your life in so many ways? In order to contradict these feelings I have recently begun to stay up late partly because of all the work, but also because I am honestly afraid of missing anything in my last few days. I absolute love it here and don’t want to leave. Too many goodbyes and not enough time.

No comments:

Post a Comment